We envision the District of Columbia as a thriving and diverse community where all people can obtain and remain in safe, affordable, and comfortable homes.
We support the holistic needs of individuals and families at risk of, or experiencing, homelessness. Housing is our starting point. Seeing people thrive is our finish line.
At Everyone Home DC, we believe that when everyone has access to a safe, affordable, and comfortable home, we can all thrive.
All people transitioning out of homelessness need resources beyond decent, affordable housing to thrive. They need access to nutritious foods, education, employment, parenting supports, children’s services, transportation, physical and behavioral health care services. So, we approach our services as we approach caring for our own families, with a whole person, whole family, and whole community mindset. We exist to provide a range of housing solutions and supportive services to ensure that individuals and families in our community have what they most need to thrive.
Our services include:
Our core values are the foundation of all that we do, Everyone Home DC upholds the following core values:
- We stand for our neighbors. This is our city, and our community. We care deeply about ending homelessness and believe that every person should have access to safe, affordable, and comfortable homes in any ward of our city.
- We stand for transparency and inclusivity. We understand that even the most well-intentioned social service programs and policies may still work against people of color, especially those in under-resourced communities. We are transparent in our strategy and inclusive of all community voices in our actions to ensure all people in our city—from Wards 1 through 8—can equitably access safe, affordable, and comfortable homes.
- We stand for respect. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity, and everyone deserves to be heard. We honor people as people, first.
- We stand for evolution. We know the issues we take on are some of the most complicated in our region. We constantly challenge ourselves to listen carefully to people experiencing homelessness and poverty, and to act intentionally, to ensure that our work is leading to lasting solutions.
- We stand for excellence. We challenge each other to be our best, in everything we do, every decision we make, and every individual and family we support