Are you currently homeless or worried about becoming homeless and looking for help? Everyone Home DC provides programs and services for families and individuals facing a range of homelessness concerns.
If you are in a situation where you owe back rent and lost income due to the COVID pandemic, you may be eligible for rent relief through STAY DC. Here is a link to the website where you can apply. You may also call 833-478-2832 from 7 am – 7 pm ET, Monday through Friday.
(Without children under the age of 18 in their care.)
- If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
- If you are an individual seeking shelter, please contact the Shelter Hotline at (202) 399-7093.
- Everyone Home DC’s Shirley’s Place Day Center is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Learn more about Shirley’s Place.
1338 G Street, SE
Washington, D.C., 20003
Families, with children under the age of 18, at risk of or experiencing homelessness in the District of Columbia should visit the Virginia Williams Resource Center, the central intake for all families in DC seeking assistance with their housing needs.
Virginia Williams Family Resource Center
920 Rhode Island Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20014
202.546.0017 or 202.724.4208
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM–4:00 PM and Friday, 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
When the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center is closed, families in need of shelter should call the DC Shelter Hotline, 202-399-7093.
Everyone Home DC’s Family Homelessness Prevention Program and Family Housing Programs require referrals. The first step in accessing our Family Programs is to visit the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center.
Additional Resources & Important Numbers
- DC Hypothermia and Shelter Hotline: (202) 399-7093
- Shelter Complaints: (202) 673-4464
- Office of Police Complaints: (202) 727-3838
- Domestic Violence Resources: Police Coordinator (202) 727-7137 or House of Ruth (202) 667-7001
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) | 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- DC Rape Crisis Center: 202-333-7273
- DC Substance Use Assessment & Referral Center (ARC): (202) 727-8473
- Department of Behavioral Health: Access Helpline 1(888)7WE-HELP or 1-888-793-4357
- DC Free Clinics
- DC Health Insurance
- Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless: (202) 328-5500
- Neighborhood Legal Services Program: 202-832-NLSP (6577)
- Bread for the City Legal Clinic: 202-386-7616
- Public Defender Service: (202) 628-1200
- Directory of Help for Legal Problems