This holiday season is the perfect time to help families in our community who continue to be impacted by the global health pandemic. Everyone Home DC is committed to ensuring that the families we work alongside will have the flexibility to celebrate their winter holiday and experience the joy of giving gifts in a meaningful way. Once again this year, Everyone Home DC will distribute debit gift cards to our community members, giving them the power to make their own decisions on how they spend these valuable funds, however best for their families.
This year, based on the family size, Everyone Home DC will provide gift cards valued between $150 and $500.
We need YOUR help to reach our goal. You can make a monetary donation today here. You can also consider running a drive to collect gift cards at your work, place of worship, book club, OR set up a fundraising page, and watch your social network support you in reaching your goal! Every little bit helps. Below is more information on how to get started as well as some of the most preferred gift cards. Thank you for your continued support of Everyone Home DC!
Everyone Home DC plans to begin distributing gift cards to families in December.
- We want to hear from you if you plan to run a drive or collection! This will support Everyone Home DC’s planning (and budgeting) efforts. Contact Kate Akalonu at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what types of gift cards to focus on collecting and to share how many gift cards you plan to contribute. We can also provide any brainstorming support to get the word out to your community and create personalized donation forms to track your progress easily.
- You can also make a monetary donation that will be used to purchase gift cards by program staff and sent electronically to families. Please note, families have openly expressed how much they appreciate the convenience of receiving gift cards electronically. Consider donating today!
- Everyone Home DC families most appreciate Visa, Mastercard, Target, Walmart Old Navy, Amazon.
GETTING CARDS TO EVERYONE HOME DC
- You are welcome to skip purchasing gift cards and make a donation on our Winter Holiday donation page. Program staff will then purchase gift cards and send them electronically to families. Consider donating today!
- If purchasing gift cards at a store or online, you are welcome to mail them directly to Everyone Home DC’s main headquarters address. Please contact Kate at email@example.com if you have any questions or to discuss dropping the gift cards off.
Mail Gift Cards to:
Everyone Home DC
415 2nd Street NE, 3rd Floor
Washington DC, 20002
Please note: For our guests’ health and safety at Shirley’s Place, we will not be accepting gift card drop-offs at our drop-in day center (which has historically been the location for drop-offs in the past.) Thank you for understanding.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out! Thank you for standing with Everyone Home DC now and always. We are so glad you are here.