Join Everyone Home DC volunteers and staff for a virtual Happy Hour event on Wednesday, August 5 at 5:30 p.m. We are excited to come together in friendship to discuss ways we can support our community during these uncertain times.
- To kick the evening off, HART Volunteers, Valerie DiCristoforo & Adolfo Gatti, will make a summer-inspired cocktail (see below for ingredient, in case you are interested in joining in the fun!)
- Everyone Home DC will provide an update on DC’s budget and ways to continue to advocate for the critical needs of unhoused and housing unstable community members.
- We will also share how Everyone Home DC is working to reach essential fundraising goals when hosting large, in-person events isn’t an option. This year, we will need to shift Everyone Home DC’s signature fall fundraising event from an in-person experience to a month-long digital campaign with lots of unique ways for our supporters to help reach our goal of $50,000. We hope you will join us in this effort!
If any of this sounds of interest to you, please sign up using this Google Form to receive Zoom information in advance of the Happy Hour. We cannot wait to see you there!
For those interested in making a summer classic–The Mojito–with Valerie and Adolfo, please be sure to add the below ingredients to your shopping list!
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 25ml/1oz fresh lime juice
- 15ml/0.6oz simple syrup (DIY: equal parts water and sugar, boil until sugar dissolves)
- 60ml/2.4oz white rum
- crushed ice – lots