Back-to-School at Everyone Home DC
Support Everyone Home DC’s 2022/23 Back to School Initiative to Distribute 200 $50 Gift Cards to Rising Scholars
It is hard to believe, but the 2022/23 school year is right around the corner! Each year we begin planning around this time so that when our families start to think about the new school year, Everyone Home DC is ready to provide support with any back-to-school needs.
For the last two years, Everyone Home DC has prioritized providing families with flexible monetary support so they can go shopping together in anticipation of the new school year. This approach is appreciated by our families, who value the process’s efficiency and ability to go shopping as a family.
For the 2022/2023 school year, we will collect funds to distribute gift cards to our families’ back-to-school shopping. Everyone Home DC’s goal is to distribute a $50 gift card to each Everyone Home DC scholar, which means this year, we need 200 $50 gift cards. AND we need YOUR help to reach our goal.
Please consider hosting a drive to collect gift cards (Visa, Mastercard, Target, Walmart, and Amazon) at your work, place of worship, or with your favorite people. You can also sponsor a scholar or two individually. You can also support our efforts by sharing the need with your friends and family by sending a quick email or posting on your favorite social media platform. If you want to create a fundraising page to share with your friends, we can help you with that too! Every little bit helps. Below is more information on how to get started and how to get the gift cards or cash gifts to Everyone Home DC.
Everyone Home DC plans to begin distributing gift cards to families by mid-August.
- We want to hear from you if you plan to run a drive or collection! This will support Everyone Home DC’s planning (and budgeting) efforts. Contact Kate Akalonu at email@example.com to discuss what types of gift cards to focus on collecting and to share how many gift cards you plan to contribute. We can also provide any brainstorming support to get the word out to your community if you are running a drive.
- You can also make a monetary donation, and program staff will purchase gift cards and send them electronically to families. Please note, families have openly expressed how much they appreciate the convenience of receiving gift cards electronically. Consider making a donation in $50 increments (or any amount) today!
- Everyone Home DC families expressed most appreciating Visa, Mastercard, Target, Walmart, and Amazon gift cards.
- Are you interested in setting up a personal fundraising page? Email Kate Akalonu at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is on standby to help you get started!
GETTING CARDS TO EVERYONE HOME DC
- You are welcome to skip the process of purchasing cards and make a donation on our Back to School Collection donation page. Program staff will then purchase gift cards and send them electronically to families. Consider making a donation in $50 increments (or any amount) today!
- If purchasing gift cards at a store or online, you are welcome to mail them directly to Everyone Home DC’s main headquarters address. Please contact Kate at email@example.com if you have any questions or to discuss dropping the gift cards off.
Mail Gift Cards to:
Everyone Home DC
415 2nd Street NE, 3rd Floor
Washington DC 20002
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out! Thank you for standing with Everyone Home DC now and always. We are so glad you are here.