The District is closer than ever to ending chronic homelessness. Next Wednesday, DC is expected to release its proposed budget for the fiscal year 2024. We need your help to ensure the next budget prioritizes the funding necessary to make this a reality for our city!
Everyone Home DC is a proud member of The Way Home Campaign and supports its budget asks. Today, we are asking you to take action now and urge Mayor Bowser to fund proven solutions to ensure our neighbors can access the housing and services they deserve.
Join Everyone Home DC, The Way Home Campaign, along with a coalition of 110 partner organizations and 7,000 individual supporters as we call on Mayor Bowser to:
- Invest $36.6 million to end chronic homelessness for 1,260 single adults with Permanent Supportive Housing.
- Invest $18.87 million to provide 480 families with Permanent Supportive Housing.
- Ensure the continuation of non-congregate shelter capacity.
- Expand programs that prevent chronic homelessness.
- Ensure that DC, particularly the Department of Human Services, has the staffing and capacity to implement historic investments made in FY22 & 23 to end chronic homelessness.
- Make shelters more dignified, non-congregate, and service-rich, and add medical respite beds.
- Address DC’s dire lack of low-income housing.
- Increase funding for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) in an FY 23 supplemental budget and the Fiscal Year 2024 budget.
LOOKING FOR MORE RESOURCES?
Check out The Way Home Campaign.
- Keep an eye on Everyone Home DC’s website to understand how to get involved with the most current actions.